Amazing Grace Lutheran Church
1601 Jefferson Street
Paducah, KY 42001
A group of us came together in 2009 searching for a church designation that agreed with our interpretation of the Bible. We met with a member of the LCMC organization and began the process of opening a church. We give all the credit to God and thank Him for entrusting this mission to us. We began in a member’s home, moved to a rented building and in 2014 purchased our current location!
What We Believe…
- Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior
- The Bible is the Truth and the Final Authority
- We are a broken people trying to do better with the help of God and each other
- That traditional worship is relevant
- We are to help those in need
- We are to reach out to our local community to advance God’s kingdom through love for His Glory!
- We are to raise everyone above ourselves
- We are to love our neighbors
- We are to help the orphans, the widows and the imprisoned
- We are to pray unceasingly for all people everywhere
- Bible Study is important in the life of a Christian
- Marriage, as instituted by God, is a union between one man and one woman.
Statement Of Faith…
We believe, teach, and confess the Triune God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
We believe, teach, and confess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and the gospel as the power of God for the salvation of all who believe in him.
- Jesus Christ is the Word of God incarnate, through whom everything was made and through whose life, death, and resurrection God fashions a new creation.
- The proclamation of God’s message to us as both law and gospel is the Word of God, revealing judgment and mercy in the person and work of Jesus Christ through whom God was pleased to reconcile all things to himself.
- The canonical Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the Word of God. Inspired by God’s Spirit speaking through their authors, they record and announce God’s revelation centering in Jesus Christ. Through them God’s Spirit speaks to us to create and sustain Christian faith and fellowship for service in the world.
We believe, teach, and accept the canonical Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as the inspired Word of God and the sole authoritative source and norm of our proclamation, faith, and life.
We accept the Apostles’, Nicene, and Athanasian Creeds as true declarations of the scriptural faith we believe, teach, and confess.
We believe, teach, and accept the Unaltered Augsburg Confession and the Small Catechism as true witnesses to the Word of God, normative for our teaching and practice. We acknowledge that we are one in faith and doctrine with all churches that likewise accept the teachings of the Unaltered Augsburg Confession.
We believe, teach, and confess the other confessional writings in the Book of Concord namely, the Apology of the Augsburg Confession, the Smalcald Articles, the Treatise, the Large Catechism, and the Formula of Concord, as further valid expositions of the Holy Scriptures.
We believe, teach, and confess the gospel, recorded in the Holy Scriptures and confessed in the ecumenical creeds and Lutheran confessional writings, as the power of God to create and sustain the priesthood of all believers for God’s mission in the world.
From Rev. Bernadine Anderson
Welcome to the Website of Amazing Grace Lutheran Church!
That’s me up there in the blue coat. Next to me is my mother, Carol and my husband Dave. We moved here from Galena, Illinois in September 2018 to accept a call to Pastor this most magnificent church! What a blessing this congregations has been to all three of us. We are deeply moved by everyones commitment to serving God and by all the projects they do to help the community and those who are in need.
Thank you, Amazing Grace Lutheran Church, for taking us into your family and for being so kind. You are an inspiration to us. We look forward to continuing in ministry together!
Our Executive Committee…
Executive Committee Members: Ray Clark, CindyLou Ziegler, Ellen Adrian, Merlin Ihnen
1601 Jefferson Street
Paducah, KY 42001